Unwanted Test cricket records
- Most 90’s in career (Steve Waugh and Raul Dravid – 10)
- Slowest ton (557 minutes Mudassar Nazar Pakistan v England Lahore 1977-78)
- Most ducks (Courtney Walsh West Indies – 43)
- Most ducks in a series (The Ashes 1978/79, Alan Hurst 6 ducks from 12 innings).
- Most pairs in career (Chris Martin, New Zealand – 6).
- Only player to be given out “obstructing the field” – Len Hutton England v South Africa The Oval 16 Aug 1951.
- Most runs conceded in an innings (LO Fleetwood-Smith 87overs, 1/298 Australia v England The Oval 20 Aug 1938).
- The last bowler called for chucking (GW Flower Zim v NZ Bulawayo 2000).
- Lowest innings total (New Zealand 26 v England Auckland 25 Mar 1955).
- Most ducks in an innings (6 Pakistan in 128 total, drawn v West Indies Karachi 22 Dec 1980).
- 11. Most byes in an innings – 37 (L. Ames out of 327 England v Australia The Oval 18 Aug 1934).
- Oldest player (Wilfred Rhodes 52yo England v West Indies Kingston 3 Apr 1930).
- Most runs off an over is 28 (4-6-6-4-4-4), Brian Lara scored off Robin Peterson, Wanderers Stadium, Johannesburg 2003–04).
** Chris Old once took 4 wickets in 5 balls (sequence interrupted by a no-ball: WW-WW) England v Pakistan Birmingham 1978). He never took a Test hat-trick.